1. Large beef tomato or 2-3 medium tomatoes
2. Half a fistful of coriander
4. Hot little chilli (red or green)
From your pantry
This is really very simple, especially if you use the electric chopper!
1. Make a deep cut in the beef tomato and squeeze out most of the internal juices and seeds
2. Cut off around 1/3 of the tomato and drop into the chopper bowl
3. Whizz the tomato in the chopper into a puree
4. Squeeze the juice of half or 3/4 of a lime into the puree tomato and mix it in
5. Mix in a flat teaspoon of sugar and 1/3 of a teaspoon of salt (add more or less sugar and salt if you like, until it tastes right). Add more lime juice also if you like
6. Chop up the rest of the tomato into fine pieces
7. Chop up very finely the coriander and chilli
8. Mix the chopped tomato, coriander and chilli into the puree tomato mix and leave for 2-3 mins. Then serve!
This salsa is great with meat (eg. the honey mustard chicken or meatballs) and salad. Or slap some salsa in the middle of a tortilla, top with some salad and meat and eat as a wrap. Or try it on crackers with cheese. It's also really good with grilled fish. Use your imagination!