2. Mustard Powder
3. Chicken legs or thighs (6 pieces for two)
From your pantry
- Soy sauce
- Ground pepper (optional)
1. In a largish bowl, mix 4 heaped teaspoons of honey with 8 tablespoons of soy sauce and 1 heaped tablespoon of mustard powder. This will be enough for 2 persons (or 6 pieces of chicken). For each extra person, increase portions above accordingly
2. If you fancy it, add about a teaspoon of ground pepper into the mix
3. Take each piece of chicken and make a diagonal cut through the thickest part of the meat. In the case of chicken thighs, make two cuts, one on each side. These cuts will help the marinade permeate through the meat
4. Put the chicken pieces into a large freezer bag, and pour the marinade mixture in. Now move the chicken pieces around the bag until the marinade covers all the chicken
5. If you don't have a freezer bag, then put the chicken in a large bowl, pour the marinade on top and mix the chicken pieces around until they are covered by the marinade
6. Leave the chicken to marinade for at least 2-3 hours, overnight is even better
7. To cook, put the chicken pieces until a medium hot grill and grill, turning over with the tongs every 7-8 mins or so, until the chicken is cooked. This may take 20 mins or so in total. You can check by sticking a fork into the meatiest part of the chicken and if the juice runs out clear, then the chicken is cooked!
Eat with salad dressed with CC's Dressing and plain white rice. Maybe you can sprinkle some fresh lime juice on top as well. It is simply great!